Dana and I are so glad that you have found your way to our site! Our Purposeful Life (OPL) is a place where we teach the practical steps of living a life of purpose and encourage you to keep walking!
After you have read about our Vision, Mission, and Values, please take a few seconds to sign up to follow us by putting your email in the right column above the purple box! We want to start a long-term conversation about how to live a purposeful life. You will be joining with some very good friends of ours, so I guarantee that we will be able to learn from each other!
Every individual, marriage and family will be constantly, aggressively and intentionally pursuing their God-given purpose.
OPL’s Mission Statement: Learn, Share, Connect, Inspire, Equip
- Never stop learning
- Share what we are learning with like-minded learners
- Create a platform where we can connect like-minded learners with each other
- Inspire like-minded learners to fulfill their God-given purpose
- Equip like-minded learners with the resources to succeed
- Love and Respect: For God, family, and our neighbor
- Courageous Determination: To take on anything and see it through to completion
- Joyful Contentment: Regardless of today’s circumstances
- Servant Leadership: Powerfully influencing the world through authentic service
- Intellectual Curiosity: A lifelong love of learning
- Integrity: Consistent excellence in who we are, what we say, and what we do.
- Humble Stewardship: Realizing that God gave us what we have and we take care of it for His glory
Let’s face it – the society we live in is totally different from our grandparents’ world. If you do not decide, on purpose, how to spend your time, energy, and money, it will somehow be spent for you. This has always been true, but it seems like the river’s current is stronger than ever. Swimming upstream is hard work!
- Sometimes you may feel like you need more tools to be successful at this effort.
- Other days you just need encouragement!
- And then there are times when you figure something out, and you want to share it with the world so they can learn from your experience and celebrate with you!
If you can relate to any of those situations, then this is the place for you! You belong, you are not alone, and you are welcomed!
This blog is a little different. It isn’t a blog just by Dana or just by Nathan, and it isn’t a blog just for women or just for men – it is a blog about our life for your life. (Notice that it isn’t ‘lives.’ Marriage is a decision to enter into one shared life.) In this adventure we will open up our home and our thoughts, in the hopes that others can learn from what we have learned. You don’t have to be married to subscribe, you don’t have to have kids, you don’t have to be a Christian…regardless of who you are we want you to feel welcome to join in the conversation. We are humbled and grateful for the opportunity to share Our Purposeful Life with you.
The best way to stay connected to what we are doing is to enter your email address in the Subscribe box above. After you have done that, you can also ‘Like’ us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter or Pinterest. We can’t fulfill our purpose without you!
Curious? Click here to learn more about our family.
Resources: Here is a quick list of resources that have helped us
This is not a one-way street. As you are reading, tell us what you think. Share what you have learned in your own life! ‘Like-minded learners’ will not and should not always agree on everything, but they are always open to hear new ideas to see what they can learn.