We are to shine brightly each and every day. Halloween gives us a great opportunity to shine our light in the midst of the darkness of ghosts, vampires and witches. Whether your church reaches out to the community with a fall festival or you provide a safe and fun place at your home, get out this Halloween and love on your neighbors. Don’t be afraid to share about your Savior’s incredible news!
Here are some ideas:
- Provide non-candy items such as tattoos, bouncy balls, bookmarks, pencils, play-doh, or glow sticks
- Provide allergy free candy: Peanut Free Candy or Gluten Free Candy
- Do a craft instead of giving out candy
- Pop Goes the Pumpkin
- Candy Corn Bean Bag Toss
- Candy Corn Ring Toss – take small traffic cones and use duct tape to turn them into candy corn.
- Gone Fishing- Either have a tarp that the kids go fishing over or put “fish” in a baby pool with paper clips.
- Carnival Game Ideas
Decorate your Trunk
- 21 Clever Ideas
- Daniel and the Lions Den
- Jonah and the Whale
- Bible Stories
- Nursery Rhymes
- Historical Events
- Disney Characters or Stories
- Theme that goes with Bible Verse
Ways to Spread the Good News
See other ideas on the following posts:
Halloween provides Christians with an amazing opportunity to let our lights shine brightly on an otherwise dark night. We don’t have to hide from this wonderful opportunity. Go out and be among the people, whether it is at your church or in your own neighborhood. Take the opportunity to show love to some people who you may otherwise never meet. Be a light!!
It’s fall, so it is time to go to the pumpkin patch. Read about our favorite one, see our carved pumpkins, and get a recipe for roasted pumpkin seeds.
Learn more about OPL’s take on holidays by clicking on the Family – Holidays menu. And don’t forget to follow us by email by putting your email address in the Subscribe box on the right. One step and you’re done!
Don’t forget to follow us by email by putting your email address in the Subscribe box on the right. One step and you’re done!