Christmas time is so much fun, and there is so much that you can do to make it extra special. Today I am going to give you some ideas of extra activities that you can do with your kids to spend some quality time together. (Remember Monday’s post though…it is more important to slow down and just enjoy being together than to do it all.) When you have free time, browse through the list. Pick 1 or 2 to do and then make a mental note of a couple for next year and throw away the rest 🙂 )
Homemade Cards to give to other: (We hand them out at nursing homes)
- Last year we did a Candy Cane Card using the kid’s thumbprints. I didn’t go to the extra effort to add the ribbon. Instead I stamped ‘Merry Christmas’ in the corner of the card.
- This is this year’s Christmas Tree card.
Christmas Card Holders: (It is fun to have a place to display all the cards you get.)
- Last year I attached 2 strips of ribbon to scrapbook paper that was placed on card stock. It hung by a ribbon on the door.
- This year I took a picture frame that we were not using and made a framed place to put the cards. It looks similar to this Card Holder. I wrapped the backing in wrapping paper and used chicken wire instead of glass. Then I used mini clothespins to hang up the Christmas cards.
Games: (Use these for Family Fun night, at your holiday parties or family Christmas gatherings)
- Snowmen dice game
- Pin the Carrot Nose on the Snowman
- Minute to Win it Games
- What’s in the Bible?
- Thriving Family: We are enjoying the Activities pages this year (geared towards Elementary aged kids)
- Bible Study Planet: Also geared towards Elementary kids
- Free Christmas Coloring pages
- Free Lessons on the Story of Jesus’ Birth
- Free Advent Calendar and Movie
Check out our Pinterest page for more ideas.
What are your favorite Christmas Resources??