For our 13th anniversary we sat down and reminded ourselves of 13 lessons we have learned about marriage. Some of these we learned the hard way. Others we have learned from wise teachers in our life.
- Never stop dating
- Life changes and your spouse changes. Keep learning about your spouse and adjusting and growing.
- Keep laughing. Don’t always be serious.
- Do ministry together.
- You are your spouse’s biggest cheerleader, not critic.
- Put your spouse before your children, in your mind and in your actions.
- When in doubt, serve your spouse.
- Go to a marriage retreat (or similar getaway) every 1 or 2 years. (Put time and effort into your marriage continually.)
- Pray with your spouse daily.
- Actively work on YOU and who God created you to be.
- Practice talking with your spouse about important things, like God, money, and sex.
- You are on the same team – your spouse is never the enemy.
- Life isn’t a cake walk, but it is better with a partner!
What are your top words of wisdom that you would give us and our readers? Please share!
“Like” this or forward to a friend who has lots of marital wisdom to share!
Want to read more about marriage? Click on “Husband” or “Wife” from the drop downs above. Or search for “Marriage” in the box to the right.