On our one year blogging anniversary we wanted to share with you our Vision, Mission, and Values. Today would be a great day for you to share this post with a friend – have them Like our Facebook Page or enter their email address in the Subscribe button to the right.
Thanks again for all of your support and words of encouragement. We really appreciate them!
-Nate and Dana
PS: You don’t need a blog to have these – what is your personal mission? What is your vision and values?
From our “Start Here” page:
Our Purposeful Life (OPL) is a place where we teach the practical steps of living a life of purpose and encourage you to keep walking!
Every individual, marriage and family will be constantly, aggressively and intentionally pursuing their God-given purpose.
OPL’s Mission Statement: Learn, Share, Connect, Inspire, Equip
- Never stop learning
- Share what we are learning with like-minded learners
- Create a platform where we can connect like-minded learners with each other
- Inspire like-minded learners to fulfill their God-given purpose
- Equip like-minded learners with the resources to succeed
- Love and Respect: For God, family, and our neighbor
- Courageous Determination: To take on anything and see it through to completion
- Joyful Contentment: Regardless of today’s circumstances
- Servant Leadership: Powerfully influencing the world through authentic service
- Intellectual Curiosity: A lifelong love of learning
- Integrity: Consistent excellence in who we are, what we say, and what we do.
- Humble Stewardship: Realizing that God gave us what we have and we take care of it for His glory
Let’s face it – the society we live in is totally different from our grandparents’ world. If you do not decide, on purpose, how to spend your time, energy, and money, it will somehow be spent for you. This has always been true, but it seems like the river’s current is stronger than ever. Swimming upstream is hard work!
- Sometimes you may feel like you need more tools to be successful at this effort.
- Other days you just need encouragement!
- And then there are times when you figure something out, and you want to share it with the world so they can learn from your experience and celebrate with you!
If you can relate to any of those situations, then this is the place for you! You belong, you are not alone, and you are welcomed!
This blog is a little different. It isn’t a blog just by Dana or just by Nathan, and it isn’t a blog just for women or just for men – it is a blog about our life for your life. (Notice that it isn’t ‘lives.’ Marriage is a decision to enter into one shared life.) In this adventure we will open up our home and our thoughts, in the hopes that others can learn from what we have learned. You don’t have to be married to subscribe, you don’t have to have kids, you don’t have to be a Christian…regardless of who you are we want you to feel welcome to join in the conversation. We are humbled and grateful for the opportunity to share Our Purposeful Life with you.